The first thing that I did was clean it up. The back of the window had each pane framed out in extra pieces of wood like a picture frame. However, those were mostly rotten so I removed all the crumbling pieces. After cleaning the backs of the glass thoroughly, it was time for the antiquing process! I followed the same process as I did before. Click "HERE" to read that post and see the ratio of vinegar to water that I used. To brief it here, I sprayed the vinegar water onto the backs of the glass and then immediately sprayed Krylon Looking Glass spray very generously. Then, right away I blotted it with a crumbled up fresh piece of paper towel. That removes the Looking Glass spray from the wets spots of the vinegar water. This creates that antique glass look. I repeated this process a second time and after about 10 minutes or so when the surface was completely dry again, I painted over it all with DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin in the colour Black Tie. This finished the antiquing process as it provides the background color.
I had my husband apply a bead of clear silicone all around each pane of glass in the back to give added protection where I had removed the old supports. Then, for uniform look, I painted the whole back with one coat of Manatee. Lastly, I installed the hangers using No More Nails on the parts that rest on the surface as well as on the nails to ensure it doesn't come off while hanging on someone's wall!
To purchase your own amazing products, please visit my affiliate link by clicking on the Dixie Belle Paint Company logo in the side bar to the right. Thank you!